Anyone out of ideas for a story? Anyone tired of their current project and want to get sidetracked for a few hundred words? Well I’ve got some writing prompts for y’all. (I’m trying out this whole y’all thing. I’m not from the south but it’s such an efficient way of saying “you guys.”)
- Write a story in the POV of an inanimate object. (
Alright so this is just because I wrote a story in the POV of a banana but whatever.)
- Write a story with only dialogue.
- Write about something that happens in the great outdoors.
- Write about something that happens in a fast food restaurant.
- Write about someone being in incredible pain. (Emotional or physical, whichever.)
- Write a character who swears every time they talk. (This may be me. The other night at work I called a chicken sandwich a “son of a whore.” Don’t be afraid to get creative.)
- Write a story that starts off angry and ends up happy.
- Write a story featuring two people with sexual or gender orientations you’ve never written about before.
- Write about an argument such as dogs vs. cats or Pepsi vs. Coke. Kill off the loser.
- Write about a serial killer doing the things in his mundane life.
Go crazy, guys. Make sure you post to your story below if you end up writing one.